TropicalAstral’s Erasmus+ expertise originates from the development of bespoke language training in Helsinki, Finland where the staff’s competence was learned over 20 years. The language training for corporations was tailored around the specific needs and objectives of each client and client organisation. This has lead to early adoption of, and an extensive in-house experience in, e-learning and m-learning content development and creating language learning material over a wide range of topics and business.
Due to participation in many projects in immigration and language teaching, TropicalAstral also has expertise in creating material and web resources specifically targeted for migrants.
Language training material created by TropicalAstral’s staff can be found online on scribd.com, teacherspayteachers.com and other online web portals for teachers and mobile applications can be found in both IOS & Android app-stores.
PROJECTS FUNDED BY ERASMUS+ KA2
Pro-Digita – Promoting Learning in Adult Education by the Digital Tools
Project Duration: 2022-2023
The general need for providing opportunities for those who seek to advance his or her knowledge and skills on different subjects while they are away from the learning environment has been a requirement of the era we live in especially after the COVID-19 crisis. OECD Secretariat calculations based on the Survey of Adult Skills, PIAAC (2012, 2015, 2017). The bar “Wanted to participate but didn’t” refers to the share of adults who responded that they did not take part in training over the previous 12 months but would have liked to”.In this context. As a result of this growing demand and advantages of online learning in this pandemic crisis, for Adult Education Centers the need for online learning sources to be able to use in online education has also been a necessity for both trainers and trainees. The inadequate source of materials in Adult Education Centers in Europe for some courses like traditional arts, language learning, literacy, ICT, labor courses…etc leads to deficiency in learning and low motivation when the trainees are away from the learning environment. Accessing online education materials and contributions easily is a common expectation of the trainers and the trainees ofEuropean adult educational institutions.
- to increase the digital transformation of trainers and trainees through the development of the digital capacity
- to improve the competencies of trainers and trainees in online education
- to improve accessibility on online education for adult education
- a network to increase the interaction between adult organizations to get the benefit for common works and projects
- a handbook to guide the trainers and the trainees in adult education for the online education
- an online platform for trainers and trainees to use in online education
These Objectives linked to the priorities we have selected are as follows:
Increasing the digital transformation of trainers and trainees through the development of digital capacity is one of the objectives of the project. The Project will support the purposeful use of digital technologies in education, training,This Includes the development of digital pedagogy and expertise in the use of digital tools for adult trainers, including accessible and assistive technologies and the creation and innovative use of digital education content.
Because this pandemic crisis broke out universally suddenly, The project will provide effective cooperation between organizations and adult education centers by the network.
The project aims to create online sample materials and an online education platform to assist national organizations and adult education centers.
The project will provide to the organization and adult education centers in our region an exchange of good practices for both its trainers and trainees for digital readiness to adapt to this changing educational system more easily.The objective of our project is compatible with this need and addressing this horizontal priority.
The project is financed by Erasmus+ KA2: 2021-2-PT01-KA210-ADU-000049637
PROJECTS FUNDED BY ERASMUS+ KA2
RE-THINK / RE-ACT
Project Duration: 2022-2024
This project, called RE-THINK / RE-ACT, focuses on the INCLUSION of Secondary Education students with adaptation difficulties and / or behavior in classrooms due to poor training of SOFT SKILLS, which, currently, supposes a real challenge for education systems, since they tend to focus their training on HARD SKILLS as a priority. These students often do not receive the appropriate educational response they need, either because they do not have the necessary resources for it or because of ignorance of their personal situation, which can lead to their being excluded from their classroom-group and from their schools, and may even lead to early school leaving.This situation can cause a break in the educational, emotional and social development of the students.
That is why, thanks to the GLOBAL MODEL proposed in our RT / RA project, we will seek to respond to the horizontal priority of INCLUSION AND DIVERSITY IN ALL AREAS OF EDUCATION, TRAINING, YOUTH AND SPORT, as well as the priority sectorial of ADDRESSING DISADVANTAGES IN TERMS OF LEARNING, EARLY SCHOOL DROPOUT AND INSUFFICIENT MASTER OF BASIC SKILLS.In this way, the needs of the students will be attended to to promote their personal development and, with it, a true inclusion, being able to accompany them in the search for their own TALENT and training them to adapt satisfactorily to their schoolcenter, their community and the demands of society, including the acquisition of skills that allow them to know and integrate the so-called SOFT SKILLS.
- Favor systems for detecting weaknesses in educational centers in their attention to students in need of upskilling.-Develop effective materials that facilitate positive attitudes and behaviors that promote student inclusion.
- Train teachers and educational agents involved in effective care, support and mentoring for these students.
- Create valid teaching coordination tools to evaluate and improve the individualized treatment of students with these needs.
- Provide an inclusive vision to European education systems through good practices carried out at national and international level for the development of talents in their students.
- “RE-THINKING FOR SCHOOLS” (RFS), a tool that will allow educational teams and managers to assess whether theircenters are truly prepared for the inclusion of students and their support in the development of the necessary SOFTSKILLS, as well as to obtain answers, guidelines and routes for improvement in their daily educational work.
- “RE-ACT WEBSPACE” (RAW), an educational platform or space for promotion, motivation and RESKILLING for teachers and families, where they can find methodologies and resources to carry out with these students in the different areas in which they are as well as pills or educational tips that will undoubtedly help you in your role as educators. ROLE MODELS and success stories will be included, that is, testimonies from boys, girls, professionals or families who have faced this problem on some occasion and have successfully overcome it.
- “TOGETHER” (2Gapp), application for adequate teacher coordination that facilitates the transition between educational stages and work with the MENTOR or specialist of the RT / RA classroom, as well as with the different teachers of the ordinary classroom and the families or external specialists who They collaborate in the development of the students. This Will have an impact on an improvement in communication and a greater monitoring of the acquisition of competencies and skills of the students in the different contexts in which they find themselves every day.
- “YOUDO”, interactive digital tool to encourage student motivation and make their participation in the activities that the RT /RA project proposes to facilitate their development more attractive. It will be oriented to the realization of games, challenges,interactive and self-diagnosis cards, etc., that can be used both in the RT / RA classroom with the MENTOR or specialist as well as outside of it, favoring autonomy and responsibility in the realization of tasks for their own personal development and the improvement of their behavior and adaptation.
The project is financed by Erasmus+ KA2: 2021-1-ES01-KA220-SCH-000032542
PROJECTS FUNDED BY LLP-LDV LEONARDO DA VINCI TOI
Project duration: 2013-2015
The main aim of the ‘Info for Migrants’ project is to meet this European objective of effective integration by transferring the innovative Careers Europe Eisodus migrant information database to vocational education providers and guidance centres across Europe. At present, this database is available to libraries, colleges, universities and careers guidance centres in the UK, and offers practical information about British culture and work in 23 different languages. The Eisodus database will be used by all the participating partners as a model for compiling all relevant and disparate information that a migrant to their society may need, ensuring that the information and advice is consistent and beneficial to a guidance adviser or tutor. ‘Info4Migrants’ will be transferred by a consortium led by Careers Europe (UK) which will bring together partners with the required expertise, understanding, experience and commitment to ensure the project’s success:-Inveslan a specialist research organisation in Bilbao, BEST an independent vocational training and guidance organisation in Austria, Business Foundation for Education, a guidance organisation in Bulgaria, Learnmera Oy, an adult education provider and online educational resource developer in Finland, and Folkuniversitetet a vocational education and guidance centre in Sweden. The partnership reflects a good cross section of expertise in the fields of language, guidance, vocational training and research. All partners work directly with migrants and all are well placed in their national contexts to disseminate to a full range of national partners. The tangible impact of ‘Info for migrants’ will be to provide an innovative database, bringing together all the relevant information that migrants will need in each national context for use in guidance, vocational education and training settings by guidance practitioners or tutors with migrants. It will support better integration of migrants in Europe and facilitate the understanding of migrant experience and background. ‘Info for Migrants’ will contribute to the overall success of mobility within the EU, as well as migration from outside the EU, to overcome future problems caused by an ageing population.
Project funded by LLP – LDV Leonardo Da Vinci TOI: UK/13/LLP-LdV/TOI-61
PROJECTS FUNDED BY GRUNDTVIG
Project duration: 2012-2014
Partners: Portugal, Spain, Turkey, Romania, Bulgaria, Romania, Finland, UK
“ Everybody can do it”. The goal of this Partnership Project is: To promote gender equality in the roles played by men and women in public and private life by emphasizing the importance of autonomy, not being dependable because of the traditional gender division of tasks in private everyday life.
To promote social integration and self-esteem by reinforcing learners’ awareness of their own skills and potential to be an active part of society.
The project partners will conduct research on “Women and men–realities of the European present” and the final product will be the booklet “We are equal! Guide of good practices on gender equality”. Impact on learners, staff, institutions and local community is expected.
Project funded by LLP – LDV – European Grundtvig Learning Partnership: 2012-1-ES1-GRU06-53391-6
PROJECTS FUNDED BY NORD PLUS
Project Duration: 2021-2024
STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) is the driver for making Europe climate-neutral for our greener future and protecting our natural habitat. Greener sustainable ecosystems aimed at the people well-being as proposed by the European Green Deal will be good for people, planet and economy. No one will be left behind. Due to this, STEM attracts more attention at all the educational levels. However, the COVID-19 pandemic suddenly changed STEM teaching from the
„normal“ (traditional) to the „new normal“ (on-line only). This brought teachers to an unprecedented lack of STEM on-line educational materails as well as STEM teachers‘ fully on-line teaching skills.
As STEM skills are important for everyone, the global STEM community in higher education has been developing STEM COIL (Collaborative On-line International Learning) in and between the USA, Brazil, Mexico and South Africa, thereby being implemented in global classrooms.
This project proposes the two-level innovation:
– on the one hand, to incorporate STEM COIL into the Nordplus countries, thereby connecting the Nordplus classrooms to the global classrooms,
– on the other hand, to interlink STEM COIL in different educarion sectors (school, vocational, higher and adult) in the Nordplus countries.
This will be a disruptive project that will change the education practices towards the XXI century.
The project purpose is to develop the Handbook on STEM COIL for teachers and teacher trainers in different educational sectors (on the one hand, school, vocational, higher and adult; and, on the other hand, formal, non-formal and informal) and support them with on-line teaching materials in their work with learners including disadvantaged ones for their skills‘ improvement in green sustainable ecosystems and increasing educational and social inclusion.
The project is financed by NordPlus: NPHZ-2021/10050